Members of the Oakmont community can enjoy the beauty of their golf courses when they're not playing golf. Walking access times will be moving to a more stable system soon, but for now please check here for updates regarding times and restrictions. We want everyone to be safe, and until we can ensure that walkers understand the course layout, we will be using blanket time restrictions. In the future, we intend to open walking hours to more widely accessible time frames. Thank you for your understanding.
Access to both courses from any location 7 days per week from daybreak to 7:00 am.
As golf play starts at 7:00 am, all walkers must be off the courses by that time.
CourseCo’s maintenance crew begins work on the courses at 6:00 am each day so morning walkers should be aware that there will be golf maintenance equipment moving on the courses during the morning walking schedule.
Afternoon Walking Schedule:
The afternoon walking schedule is limited to two days per week as follows:
Access to both Valley of the Moon and Sugarloaf courses – Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Start times for the afternoon walking schedule will be adjusted monthly in accordance with daylight hours.
May afternoon walk time will start at 6:45 pm on each course.
Access to each course is limited initially to the first tee and must follow the respective course layout thereafter.
Golfers with tee times before the afternoon walking schedule will be on the course continuing their golf round as normal.
No new golf play will be initiated after the afternoon walking schedule begins thereby ensuring the safety of the walkers.
Dogs are allowed on the courses during the walking schedule but must be on a leash at all times and owners are required to pick up after their dogs.
Bicycle riding is not permitted on the courses at any time.
CourseCo and the OVA ask all Oakmonters to adhere to the Walking Schedules as outlined.
Walking on the courses during golf play is prohibited.
Those who do not adhere to this prohibition risk not only potential personal injury but also hinder CourseCo’s ability to attract golf play necessary to operate a successful golf business.
We've created some materials to make it easier for you to find your way around the golf courses. Better signage is in the works, but until then please reference these images, sourced from Google Earth. When you click on the title of the document below, it will open in a new tab in your browser where you can zoom in to see more detail.
- We ask you to please stay on the cart paths as you walk.
- Golf carts are only permitted on the course when you are playing a round. This keeps walkers and carts on a separate schedule, and keeps all safe.
- Please do not approach our maintenance crew.
- We have sanitizer spray bottles in the bathrooms on the course. When you are finished, please spray down all touch points for everyone’s safety.
- Hand sanitizer is available at many stations for everyone to use, please do not take them.
- Masks must be available at all times to be worn properly whenever acceptable social distancing is not possible.
- Please be aware that our irrigation system will be in operation during these times.